Saturday, September 2, 2017

My 'Solo' trip to Perth

Had always read about my friends' solo trip with much much envy.... a part of me has always wanna to do the same cos i think i am a carefree and adventurous woman too.... wahahahaha.... but a 'solo' trip back from Hua Hin last June proved that i am too scary cat to be travelling at ease alone oversea... =S 

so when Chunyang, Ailing and baby Desiree moved to Perth this June, i took the opportunity to plan my 'solo' trip to visit them this Sept hol.... =D

flew Scoot @ $419.14, gotten my Australia visa @ $6.92 from Team Kangaroo and  travel insurance @ $26 from NTUC Income...  

Imagine my horror when I woke up on flight day and the first thing that greeted me was a 4 hour flight delayed message from Scoot... which meant that i was to arrived in Perth @ 9pm..... @#£_&&+()+-_##(//-&£.... 

checked my email and read that Scoot has a 'Scoot Guest Prmoise' scheme whereby when a flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, they will issue every passenger with a SGD50 Scoot travel voucher... sincere enough... i forgive you... =D

Had to apologise and cancel my hitch to the airport and to inform chunyang of the change in pick up time... Heng... It was just a solo flight trip... If it was a real solo trip, I might have just cancelled the whole trip cos I cannot imagine having to travel alone at night in a foreign country... What if I get kidnapped?!?!?!.... 

and because of the delay, i was also informed to check-in at 1pm, 3 hours before the new schedule flight time 




so here i was loitering around T2 ... 



@ The Enchanted Garden  




watching soccer @ The Xperience Zone 





helped Ailing to get her perfume & night cream and hence the chance to participate in the Changi Millionaire event.... we split 50-50 if we win k?!?!?!?! 




@ The Sunflower Garden   












joined the kiddos at the rubbing station 



@ The Orchid Garden 










Filled my tummy at Ya Kun 

was surprised to see that the food was served in such environmental unfriendly format but i had fun drinking the half-boil eggs from the cup/bowl... =P 





free massage 


my shoes for the trip.... cute leh!!! 







the plane that refused to cooperate... =S 



my TL face @ approx 5pm when a second announcement of another 30 minutes flight delay was made 



compensation pack for keeping us waiting for at least another hour at the boarding area ... but din eat any of it as i wasnt hungry and had no appetite for dry snacks... 

me @ 6pm... 

engineers gave up on fixing our plane at 6+pm and Scoot finally changed our plane and our flight time was re-timed to 8pm, 8 hours after sceduled, means can claim insurance lo... woohoo!!! .... 

Free dinner (capped at $10) was provided for at the Straits Food-court and i chose wantan mee soup with teh 


finally seated in the plane at 8.30pm, 8.5 hours after scheduled... 



arrived at Perth at 2am  .... so sleepy & so COLD.... it was a freezing 6 degree Celsius.... 



but still very happy to see maggot teo who came to pick me up from the airport... he's the first friend i made in RSS back in 1995 and that's 22 years of friendship... =D 


chop chop washed up and nights out at 3.40amzzzzz..... 

No comments: