Tuesday, May 13, 2014

fashion design with my sixers

I introduced Gustav Klimt and some of his famous work to my sixers earlier this year. I had them focused on Gustav Klimt's signature style - repeat patterns, swirls and luv for bronze-y colours.... 

Then i asked my sixers to use the colours, shapes and patterns in their first ever fashion designs....though there were a few that were rather impressive, i was not particularly satisfied with the majority ..... 

knowing that i could do better in my facilitation and that the pupils could do even better in this designing task, i introduced fashion designing inspired by nature, right after their land art lessons.... i also shared with them one of my favourite blogger - kaiami, a young taiwaness lady who is studying fashion in new york and some of her nature inspired designs which i madly luv luv .... =D .... 

Presenting some of my little designers' work 




















wanting to focus the pupils' attention to only fashion designing, i told the kids to use the simplest of all 'painting' material - colour pencils..... regret big time.... probably could have asked them to use water colours instead.... =S.... 

anyway, saw Angie's and Mayhem's video on paper fashion on youtube after the closure of the lessons

 and i have decided it shall be part of next year's fashion design lessons.... woohoo!!! Maybe i should get a few mannequins for school too?!?!?! anyone know where i can get lobang for cheap cheap or even free ones???... heee 

No comments: