Saturday, May 25, 2013

Z stands for comfort Zone

A stands for Alfred, Angela and Alvin  


Z stands for comfort Zone

whenever i request to remain as a P1 teacher or reject certain projects / positions, i was told that i'm in my comfort zone and should step out of it and try to reach my potential... i am always told that if i dun step out of my comfort zone, i will never know how far i can reach in my career.... 

I always wonder... what's wrong with staying in my comfort zone??? does staying in my comfort zone means i am not making any progress??? and what makes you think that i want to go far in my career??? wahahahaha.... oopx.... 

actually i find that staying in my comfort zone allows me to be the better person i want to be.... because there is less uncertainty around, i screw up lesser, my temper is better, my mind's clearer, and less time is needed just trying to stay afloat of things and situations...., i hate chaos and uncertainty... i love peace and familiarity.... cos it means that there's more time for me to be creative, to enjoy life and to improve on things and relationships around me.... 




looking back at my life, i do step out of my comfort zone every now & then.... i would love to travel to unknown countries after i have 'conquer' those nearby ones and had save enough money.... 

i also love new experiences and maybe that's why i ran for student council during college when i was never in any prefectorial board before that.... i joined chinese orchestral cca during college when i dun have any music background and am tone deaf ... i took up diving and roller blading though exercise and sports were never a part of my interest.... took up art coordinator position at a time when i couldnt draw for nuts and enrolled in the advanced diploma in art education when i am still doubting my ability and talent in art... =S


actually i dun really mind trying things out but i can be very resistant towards things that i already know i dun like or dun feel the need to experience through, example handling the tons of admin and strategic planning as a middle management in school.... 

so to conclude, i do step out of my comfort zone, i am more likely to be in the learning zone in certain specific areas... just that i take teeny weeny steps , one at a time.... me is a calculated low risk taker.... =P 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally come to the end of the A to Z blog challenge.... clap clap clap clap clap.... heeee.... 

This A to Z challenge is a blog challenge which requires bloggers to blog at least 26 times in the month of April... i took 3 months... =) .... but i'm still damn proud of myself because i thought i would never even get close to letter z even by the end of this year...

but the fun of doing the blog in chronological order kept me going quicker than expected and on topics which i would never have done if not for this blog challenge.... 

so i had decided to do a spin-off starting from the next blog challenge after my taiwan trip posts... =) 

No comments: