Monday, January 14, 2013

A week without handphone

left my handphone at course venue two Fridays (4 Jan) ago and decided to go phoneless for one whole week, friday to friday, ...i was just too lazy to travel all the way to Singapore Teachers' Academy for the aRts (STAR) at malan road, near to labrador station, to retrieve it before rushing to school in yishun by 12nn.... =P

i survived and realised that i can indeed live without my phone.... 
no withdrawal symptoms at all... in fact, i enjoyed not having a phone at all times...less interruption from the urge to check what's app and facebook and play game at all times....  =P 

i announced my 'misfortune' on fb and informed the office staff and level teachers to email me instead of calling me with regards to everything in school and made a few changes in my way of life for the week.... 

(1) having the watch which i won from the teachers' day lucky draw 2011 attached to my lanyard 

i dun have a habit of wearing a watch, actually i can't have the habit of wearing any accessories due to having sensitive skin.... will suffer from rashes if i don on earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces or watches for a duration of more than 2 hours especially in non-air-conditioner places... yes, even contact with plastic or leather watches stripes that is moist from my own perspiration will give me rashes.... i seriously think that i am allergic to my own sweat lo... 

so i have been using the handphone as a time telling device since i started owning one in uni and before that, my watch was either kept in my pencil case or hooked around my uniform belt.... 


(2) mr ang sets the morning alarm using his handphone

thankfully mr ang is still enjoying his school holiday so he can afford to wake up as late as me on my working days.... luv luv afternoon session cos it means i get to wake up at 9am every work day.... =) 


(3) documenting my expenses on paper


back to the days when i just started working, i had a habit of documenting ALL my expenses... from big items such as facial packages to minute items such as daily newspaper.... it started with having to draw columns and rows in notebooks to using excel... it only stopped during the planning stage of the house reno cos expenses of all the miscellaneous were just too terrifying to record... 

the habit came back when i finally signed up for data plan after mr ang gotten me my s2 last sept... =) ...  i had been using the 'expense app' to manage my expenditure since then.... so if there's more shopping or food indulgence in the current month means i will try to have less of them in the following month....quite a good app to help manage my spendings... 


that's it..... a whole week without phone went by smoothly without any inconvenience... =) .... really, nothing is indispensable.... =P  

434 msg in a week

No comments: