Saturday, October 20, 2012

PTL's belated birthday treat on my birthday month

since dun know when, PTL and I have a routine of meeting up twice a year, once in April to celebrate his birthday and once in October to celebrate my birthday... 

this routine was upset by his job oversea posting to Bahrain last year... in the end, we celebrated my last year oct's birthday during April this year, which was his birthday month, and he demanded for his April birthday treat @ Salt Grill and Sky Bar during my birthday month today.... =S


to go up to the restaurant, we have to first locate the mysterious lift which was tucked in a well guarded corner at ion level 4

i din know that ion was this tall before this visit lo... 

saw this just outside the lift

staff were all super polite & super attentive...greeted us warmly and led us to our table the moment we stepped out from the lift.... 

the restaurant is very spacious with simple and clean deco ... nothing really special actually... 
guess the main draw is really the full length glass window and the fact that it's located on the 55th floor.... 

based on what i saw on their website, they only employ singaporeans and pr... salary starts from $2k with 5 day work week... so you see, with good pay and welfare as incentives and proper training, singaporeans can be good service staff too...

and see again, even my bag received good service lo... the staff placed this basket next to my chair and sweetly told me it was for my bag.... =) 
part of me was saying "heng, i carry my coach bag today!".... hahahaha


before i go on to the scenery from the 55th floor in orchard and to the food, let me introduce the PTL who took me as a carrot today... =S


anyway, lucky us managed to get a seat next to the full length window and guess what, the first thing that caught my attention was the big crooked yellow box on the road.... wahahaha.... 
do u know why it's different from the usual yellow box? PTL said that it was meant for the bus to filter from the utmost right lane to the utmost left lane and true enough, i saw a bus did just that after he explained it.... heee  


pepper & salt against the singapore backdrop from the 55th floor of ion... =)


my plain and rasin bread that was served before the meal...very soft and yummy....  I thought was meant to be dipped in the olive oil and grinded nuts until i read this... 


we took the brunch menu @ $45++ each for a 2 course meal 

my starter - salt & pepper squid... super yummy.... squid super soft.... aioli sauce (i thought it was mayo) was very yummilious too.... 

my main dish - crab omelette served in miso broth.... the omelette was super soft and literally just dissolved in my mouth la.... quite a generous amount of real crab meat that was equally soft....  and when the egg, the crab meat and the soup are eaten together... i felt that i was in heaven.... hmmmm..... 



his starter - prawn toast

his main - egg benedict with salmon

i thought both was so so only when compared to mine.... wahahaha... 


the staff were all super attentive, filled up my cup of warm water whenever it was half empty, cleared our empty plates within 2 minutes, serve our main dish within 5 minutes of clearing our starter plates... but also because they were so efficient, we din dare to nua too long after the meal.... =S....else i would think that it was quite a nice place to nua and bask in the warm sun that was shinning thru the glass ceiling above... 

so i foot the bill, which totalled up to be $115 before taking a walk around the restaurant to take in the view from all corners




my conclusion -  Singapore is really very cluttered... =S


ending the post with a photo of me... =) 

1 comment:

such a B1GHead said...

thanks so much CARROT PTL... :)