Sunday, August 26, 2012

Old School Delights

met up with chunyang and mengyuan for the macritchie tree top walk .... we went on the much shorter route of 4km instead of the usual 11km route....all auntie and uncle liao.... stamina not there anymore.... hahahaha.... 

took us close to 4 hrs for complete the whole 4km and immediately after that, we loaded back the calories burnt with more calories at Old School Delights


a concept eating place with old school feel.... =) 



saw something on this shelf that brought back primary school days memories ...... 



this gummy balloon thingy brought out the entrepreneur in me when i was in P6..... i would always buy it in bulk (by the boxes with approx 50 of them in one box) and sell them to my classmates.... could still remember that each box cost $2.50 so each stick would had cost only 5 cents....and when the mama shop auntie was in a good mood, she would even give me discount at $2.20 per box.... i was selling each stick at 10 cents and business was really really good.... many many friends will buy 5 to 10 each every other day and i even had to use the 'famous' blue note book below to record my orders and sales!!!


business was short-lived though cos the teachers soon found out that almost everyone was playing with this gummy balloon thingy and traced the source to me... =(.... i was ordered to stop selling them and my mum was informed.... but dun remember mummy scolding me leh.....i bet she was proud of me instead..... wahahaha.... 


enough of old school memories... back to the restaurant
paper placemat


menu


I wrote the order on the whiteboard provided oh...=)  


on the table was a box with some old school games which kept us entertained while waiting for our food to be served  
Yuan and Chunyang playing with the 飞机棋 while waiting for their nasi lemak

Yuan having a go with the five stones.... 

I used to be really really good at this game.... all my classmates wanted to be in the same team as me..... hee hee.... remembered that being the captain, i could revive my 'dead' teammates just by playing one full set without 'dying' .... 

in those days, mummy would make my 5 stones sets for me.... my favourite set was one made from black felt cloth, half filled with green beans and bigger ... =D

didn't like those which were sold in the school bookshop as they were too small, hard (completely filled with rice) and the design on the cloth were so obiang just like these below
it was impossible to 'compress' all 5 stones into my palm when we played the advance version (one-hand) of the game la.... 

my set of 5 stones was so popular that almost everyone wanted to play using them and i vaguely remembered selling home-made 5 stones too.....wahahaha..... would tell mummy that i needed new ones as the old ones were lost or not as good until mummy got fed-up and asked me to make them on my own.... =(.... 


aiyo.....i kept sidetracking.... back to the restaurant again..... 

utensils served in a metal 'gong' used to hold water for brushing teeth..... 

me with my laska with thick yummilious spicy gravy

was surprise that the food was actually yummy and affordable.... slightly more expensive than food court but definitely cheaper than restaurants and cafe.... will definitely visit this place again..... most likely with the chua family bah..... only they will entertain me and get as excited as me for such stuff...=P 

No comments: